Valparaiso Community Schools Backpack Program
What it is:
- The Backpack Program collects food for over 200 students at Valparaiso Community Schools.
- There are children in our community that go hungry after they go home. School officials and volunteers pack bags with child-friendly, non perishable foods and discreetly distribute them to qualifying students each Friday as they head home from school for the weekend. Each pack includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack for each day the child is out of school.
- Backpacks are provided and packed with food for weekend meals.
- Older children (high school) are sent home with food they can prepare.
How you can help:
- You can donate food at our office or donate a monetary gift.
- Checks can be payable to Valparaiso Community Schools with “Backpack Program” in the memo section
Valparaiso Schools Backpack Program Wish List
- Canned meat (Chicken, Tuna, etc.)
- Pasta/Spaghetti Noodles
- Spaghetti Sauce (Can or Plastic)
- Alfredo Sauce
- Instant Potatoes
- Canned Chili
- Breakfast Bars
- Peanut Butter (Plastic Jar)
- Jelly (plastic Jar)
- Mac N Cheese
- Ramen Noodles
- Cup of Soup
- Pudding Snack Packs
- Fruit Cups
- Canned Fruit
- Vegetable Cups
- Individual Bags of Chips
- Individual Juices/Juice Boxes
- Kool-Aid Package